Position: MEAL officer
Location: Gaza City
Duration: 10 months, with possibility of extension (Full-time)
Report to: Executive Director
Who we are?
Social Developmental Forum is a Non-governmental Organization (NGO) operating in Palestine, established in 2006 as an initiative of a group of young activities. SDF seeks to build a professional model that can better invest in the available resources and capacities to offer community services based on human rights, the law and civil values. SDF has three vital programs: Civil Empowerment and Human Rights, Socio-economic Empowerment, Media and communication.
Role in the organization
A monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) Officer, under the Executive Director, is responsible for managing information and reporting process to ensure professional , high quality communication, and results in the organization’s activities. The MEAL officer plays a crucial role in improving information management and data quality, and in strengthening knowledge sharing and learning across the organization. Also MEAL officer are responsible for the cycle of monitoring and evaluation of projects and programs, developing a proper methodologies and tools to design evaluations.
S/he will work in close cooperation with SDF programs’ teams . The MEAL Officer responsibilities and duties shown below.
MEAL System Development:
- Support Program Team in drawing up and/or reviewing logical frameworks and need analysis during the design and implementation of the projects;
- Actively lead on the definition of the M&E Plans and ensuring its implementation in compliance with MEAL strategy;
- Prepare the MEAL framework and tools and participate to the development of the databases;
- Set up a monitoring system and design the proper tools in order to collect direct feedback from SDF participants and the targeted communities;
- Share the M&E Plan with the program teams and plan all the field activities related to M&E (field visits to SDF beneficiaries, meeting with the community or other project stakeholders, etc.).
- Participate in developing MEAL Standard Operation Procedures and assist in staff training.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Undertake regular visits to field locations to support monitoring and evaluation processes and develop and implement accountability processes;
- Keep accurate records of data, activities and community/beneficiaries’ participation in monitoring activities;
- Ensure that data is collected and recorded ethically and within the remits of SDF policy on confidentiality and consent;
- Coordinate all collection, reporting and validation of data (qualitative and quantitative);
- Ensure data quality measures implemented during data flow process and meeting the standards;
- Integrate protection and gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women, men, boys and girls, and people with disabilities in data collection processes;
- Participate in projects’ specific assessments (baseline, end line) and a multi-sectorial needs assessment and support in beneficiary selection process;
- Contribute to mid-term and final evaluations and all other activity related to MEAL such as developing ToR, supporting external evaluators, etc.
- Provide feedbacks and recommendations for timely improvement;
- Developing the information materials for complaint and feedback mechanisms.
- Training staff on internal feedback guidelines and relevant Protocols.
- Follow up the beneficiary feedback mechanism by receiving and filing complaints based on the pre-established protocols;
- Keep complaints records confidential and only accessible to relevant staff according to the internal feedback mechanism guidelines;
- Contribute to develop, with the support of the Program team, appropriate accountability strategies respectful of the local context;
- Serve as focal point for the mainstreaming and making sure that cross cutting issues are implemented and reflected in reporting such as gender, Governance and child safeguarding policies/ procedures in the project activities.
- Training other team members on M&E tools and skills as appropriate including needs analysis of team;
- Participate and/or facilitate internal and external project evaluations, and learning exercises;
- Support internal improvement processes (theory of changes, Log Frames and strategies);
- Identify and document lessons learned, generate best practices in cooperation with Field Officers, Heads of Projects, and on request by the Projects Manager;
- Participate/facilitate in internal projects evaluations and learning reviews that are intended for lessons learned and operational decision making.
- Prepare regular monitoring reports including ongoing data analysis with status of implementation progress;
- Prepare clear data analysis reports including best practices and case studies;
- Participate in the preparation of Indicators & Beneficiaries Progress Report (IBPR) and International Strategic Plan (ISP) report;
- Support in writing mid-term, final or other reports required local government, donors, etc.;
- Data collection, analysis, and reporting, and identify areas for improvement.
- Prepare monthly report on project progresses accordingly to the objectives planned;
- Perform any other duties related as may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES
- A Bachelor degree from an accredited university or its equivalent in business administration or related fields and equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience relevant to monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in project’s proposal & report writings; planning; implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in developing links with NGOs; INGOs, government agencies & other stakeholders;
- Ability to build, manage and motivate teams and individuals to achieve set objectives and targets;
- Experience in and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the transferring of knowledge & development of all staff.
- Very good written and spoken English (essential);
- Very good communication skills and flexibility;
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, internet and e-mail);
- Flexibility and capacity to work effectively beyond working hours;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and supervisory skills;
- Commitment and to prioritize, sense of responsibilities and coordination skills, very good interpersonal skills, patient and ready to listen to people, open-minded and collective approach and strong humanitarian motivation.
- Interested candidates are requested to send the followings only in English, and as a word or PDF document:
- Motivation letter with the name of the position and Ref # of the post (as indicated above);
- Two professional references for the last two employers with their contacts’ information.
- All above documents should be sent not later than 16:00 on the 27 October 2021 to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
- Sending emails without the Post Title will be neglected. Only candidates possessing relevant experiences will be shortlisted.